Classes Nur. - V
School follows Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation as per CBSE guidelines. Promotion will be totally based on the whole year's performance & weekly tests. It will be essential for the child to get minimum 'D' in the 5 point grading scale of achievement A*, A, B, C, D.
Classes VI – VIII
1. Uniform system of Evaluation is followed in classes VI - VIII.
2. The entire academic year has been divided into 2 terms.
3. In both the terms Internal Assessment of 20 Marks and Examination in both the terms of 80 Marks will be conducted.
4. Internal Assessment of both the terms of 20 Marks include 10 Marks for KRISHNA PUBLIC SCHOOL 24 Periodic tests, 5 Marks for subject enrichment activities which are Project Work, Practicals etc. & 5 Marks for notebook submission.
5. In 1st term, Half Yearly Exam will be conducted of 80 Marks in all the subjects covering 50% syllabus. However in Annual Exam ie. 2nd term also Exam will be conducted of 80 Marks but the syllabus asked in Exams syllabus covering 60% syllabus in class VI, 70% syllabus in class VII & 80% syllabus in class VIII.
6. Marks of Internal Assessment & Exams (Half Yearly & Annual) will be added. Thus making 100 marks separately in both the terms where in Scoring 33%, Marks in both the terms is essential to score min D grade for passing.
7. If a child does not score min D grade in any of the subjects the child has to appear in Grade Improvement Exam i.e (GIT) for final Promotions.
8. Child will also be awarded marks/Grades for work Education, Art Education, Health & Physical Education & Discipline. These will be graded on 5 point grading scale i.e Ato E.
9. The Descriptive marks comprises of 20 marks in which 10 marks will be on Attendance, 5 marks on sincerity & 5 marks on behaviour & values of students.
Classes IX – X
1. The total marks in each subject will be 100 which includes 80 Marks of Annual written Exam & 20 Marks of Internal Assessment. The Internal Assessment includes 10 Marks of periodic tests (which is Best of any 2 Periodic tests ie. Pre Mid term, Mid term & Post Mid term), 5 Marks for Notebook submission & 5 Marks for Oral/Practical/Project Tests.
2. Securing 33% Marks separately in Annual Exam of 80 Marks & in Internal Assessment of 20 Marks is essential for promotion.
3. During the whole session 3 periodic tests namely as term Pre Mid, Mid term & Post Mid term test will be conducted for internal Assessment.
4. The Marks obtained in periodic test (10 marks), 5 marks of Notebooks/ copies & 5 Marks of Oral/Practical Project Work will be finally added as Internal Assessment. Thus the total of Internal Assessment will be of 20 Marks.
5. Securing 33% which is 7½ out of 20 Marks in Internal Assessment is must for promotion.
6. 5 Marks of Internal Assessment will be given for Note book submission in Annual Exam Result. Note books submission will be assessed on the basis of Regularity, assignment completion, neatness & upkeeping of KRISHNA PUBLIC SCHOOL 25 note books.
7. 5 Marks of Internal Assessment in each subject will also be given on Oral /Practical on Project Work in Annual Exam.
A. Annual Exam / Board Exam :-
1. Written Examination in all the subjects will be conducted for 80 marks. Scoring 33% marks which is 27 marks out of 80 is a must for students for passing. This will cover 100% syllabus in every subject.
2. In class IX marks of internal Assessment & Annual Exam (80 marks) will be totaled thus making it 100 marks. Grade will be given on these 100 total marks. The grade are as follows91-100 - A1, 81-90 - A2, 71-80 - B1, 61-70 - B2, 51-60 - C1, 41-50 - C2 33-40 - D, 21-32 - E1, 1-20 - E2
3. The marks scored after Board Exam marks in each subject in class X will be finally converted in to grade on percentile basis. There is 9 point grading system which is as following : t
A-1 : Top 1/8 of the passed candidates
A-2 : Next 1/8 of the passed candidates
B-1 : Next 1/8 of the passed candidates
B-2 : Next 1/8 of the passed candidates
C-1 : Next 1/8 of the passed candidates
C-2 : Next 1/8 of the passed candidates
D-1 : Next 1/8 of the passed candidates
D-2 : Next 1/8 of the passed candidates
candidates E : Failed candidates
4. To pass the examination, a candidate must obtain at least Grade D-2 in all subjects of written exam.
B. Internal Assessment (20 Marks) 20 Marks of Internal Assessment included Periodic Tests (10 marks) note book submission (5 marks) & subject enrichment (5 marks)
(I) Periodic Test (10 marks):
(a) The school will conduct three periodic written tests in the entire academic year and the average of the best two will be taken. However for gradient learning, three tests will be held as one being the mid-term test and other two being pre mid and post mid-term with portion of syllabus cumulatively covered. The gradually increasing portion of contents will prepare students to acquire confidence for appearing in the Board examination with 100% KRISHNA PUBLIC SCHOOL 26 syllabus. The school will take the average of the best two tests for final calculation from Pre Mid Term, Mid Term (Half Yearly) and Post Mid Term test.
(b) The school will conduct Pre Mid term test of 25 marks, covering 25% syllabus, Post Mid term test i.e. Half Yearly Exam of 80 Marks which will cover 50% of syllabus & Post Mid term test which will be of 50 Marks covering 75% of syllabus. Average of any best two from all these periodic test viz. Pre Mid term, Mid term & Post Mid term test will be finally converted for 10 Marks in each subject.
(c) Max. marks & syllabus content of periodic test will not be taken into consideration Total Marks of any of these tests will be finally given weightage of 5 marks only which means that 25 marks of Pre Mid term. 80 Marks of Half Yearly/Mid term & 50 Marks of Post Mid term will be calculated for 5 Marks weightage only. Thus 5 marks weightage will be for any Periodic tests (Pre Mid term, Post Mid term, Mid term).
(d) 5 Marks each from any 2 best periodic tests of 3 term test will be taken for Periodic 10 marks Internal Assessment.
(ii) Notebook Submission (5 marks): Students will be awarded 5 marks for note books submission in each subject. Notebook submission is a part of internal assessment and is aimed at enhancing seriousness of students towards preparing notes for the topics being taught in the classroom as well as assignments. This also addresses the critical aspect of regularity. punctuality, neatness and notebook upkeep.
(iii) Subject Enrichment Activities (5 marks): The subject specific application activities aimed at enrichment of the understanding and skill development will be conducted in the form of oral/practical on project works. These activities are to be recorded internally by respective subject teachers. For Languages (Hindi, English & Sanskrit) : Activities conducted for subject enrichment in languages will aim at equipping the learner to develop effective speaking and listening skills. For Mathematics: The laboratory activities and projects will be given by the teacher as per CBSE/NCERTsyllabus. For Science: The listed practical works / activities will be carried out as prescribed by the CBSE in the curriculum. For Social Science: Map and project work will be undertaken as KRISHNA PUBLIC SCHOOL 27 prescribed by the CBSE in the curriculum.
D. Additional Subjects : th FIT is considered as 6 Subject or Additional Subject. This subject includes Practical of 60 marks & theory exam of 40 marks. Securing 33% separately in Practical & theory is must for promotion. This will also include 100% syllabus coverage in Annual Exam & 3 periodic test will be conducted in this subject.
2. Co. Scholastic Activities:
The co-curricular activities in which students will be assessed on 5 point grading system are (a) Work Education : Cookery Skills, Preparation of stationery items, Tie and dye and Screen printing, Recycling of paper, Hand embroidery, Running a book - bank, Repair and maintenance of domestic electrical gadgets, Computer operation and Maintenance, Photography etc.
(b) Arts Education.
(c) Health & Physcial Education (Any two to be assessed) * Sports/Indigenous sports (Kho-Kho etc.) * Gymnastics * Yoga * First Aid * Gardening/Shramdaan These will be graded 'on a 5-point grading scale (A to E) and will have no descriptive indicators. However no upscaling of grades will be done.
3. Discipline (Attendance, Sincerity, Behaviour, Values 20 Marks) : Discipline significantly impacts career shaping and it helps build character. Sincerity, good behaviour and values develop strength and foster unity and co-operation. Therefore, the element of discipline has been introduced in school. Class teacher will be responsible for grading the students on a Five-point scale (Ato E).
The Discipline Marks comprises of 20 marks.(10+5+5) . In which 10 Marks will be on Attendance, 5 Marks will be given for sincerity & 5 Marks will be awarded on the behaviour & values of students.
1.The total will be of 200 marks which include (50% marks) i.e. 50 marks of Half Yearly marks + 20 marks of Weekly Test of 1st term + 20 marks of weekly test of 2nd term + 100 marks of Annual exam (100% of Annual exam) + 10 marks of project assignments / H.W. & C.W./ Attitude & discipline.
2. Weightage given to Weekly test in both the terms (1st and 2nd term) will be of 20 marks each. Thus 40 marks weightage will be given in total for Weekly tests conducted throughout the year.
3. In 2nd term 10 marks weightage will be given to Project assignments / H.W & C.W / attitude & discipline of the child.
4. 50% marks i.e. 50 marks of Half - yearly will be included for final assessment in all the subjects.
5. 100% that is100 marks weightage will be given to Annual exam for calculating final assessment.
6. In Class XI scoring 33% in theory & practical papers separately is essential excluding Weekly test.
7. 90% attendance is a must to be promoted to next higher class.
• Promotion is granted on the basis of the whole year's performance of the pupil, hence importance of regularity in attendance is imperative.
• Results declared at the end of the session are final in all cases and will not be reconsidered. • The child will not be awarded any rank in class if he/she does not appear for any subject in the Exam. No Rank will be given in classes Nur. to V.
• No re-test/ Exam. is permitted. Courses of all the tests will be settled by the subject teachers. • 90% attendance is must for promotion to the next higher class.
• 15% attendance can be waived off by the Principal/Management under special circumstances, like serious illness, death of close blood relatives only. CLASS - XI KRISHNA PUBLIC SCHOOL 30 • Students of classes VI to XI if fail in any subject will appear for reexamination for marks improvement. Single chance will be given for marks improvement.
• If a child is absent in any of the examinations, irrespective of on any grounds, he/she has to appear for re-examination.
• A student must pass in Supplementary/ Grade improvement exam by securing at least passing marks as mentioned in the rules, in each subject. No grace marks shall be given in the Supplementary Examination/Grade improvement exam.
• Grade Improvement Exam / Supplementary Examination shall be conducted on the course of final examination for each subject.
• Any student caught in the act of cheating, or using unfair means during any of the examination / Test / Assessment may not only be given ZERO in the subject concerned, but an incident of this type may lead to his/her expulsion/withdrawal from the school.
• Students whose attendance is less than 90% will not be permitted to give Annual / Board Exam. Report of short attendance will be sent by the School Management to CBSE office. Child will be awarded marks also on Attendance.
• Periodic Test / Annual Answer Sheets of classes I - XI will be shown to Parents.
• Students are expected to attend exam in neat, well ironed and complete uniform. Boys must have short and decent hair cut during exams too.
• Practical Oral Exams will be neither pre-poned nor postponed for any reason.
• All the records (ie. Answersheets) of Internal Assessment i.e. of periodic test will be maintained / kept by the school for three months only from the date of declaration of result for verification of CBSE Board. Records (ie. Answersheets) of subjudiced cases if any or RTI /grievances cases only will be retained by school for more than 3 months till further order of the Board.